Monday, June 27, 2011

Sign Language for babies?

Do you remember seeing reports that many celebrities were teaching their children sign language years ago?  I not only remember it but I also remember thinking that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard! 

Well, How times have changed now that I have my own child. 

My daughter is now 5 yrs old and I bought a baby sign language dvd set ---like the one at the bottom of the page--- when she was 2 yrs old.  When I really thought about it, I realized though she could already talk, this will give her another option for communicating with me as well as with others.  

She picked up the sign language very quickly and she used it along with her oral speech.  She is five and still remembers and uses sign language to communicate.  She has also started teaching her baby cousin some signs when we see him. 

Have you had an experience with sign language for babies?  Please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment